UFC SUPERSTAR Conor McGregor has named Arsenal's "phenomenal" £25million ace Kieran Tierney as his favourite footballer.

And the feeling is clearly mutual, with Tierney gushing in response on Twitter.

Conor McGregor names 'phenomenal' Arsenal ace Kieran Tierney his favourite player – and Scot calls UFC legend his 'hero_1
Kieran Tierney looks up to his "hero" Conor McGregor

Celtic-mad McGregor has previously been spotted training for a fight in a Hoops jersey – and has now revealed his admiration for his friend Tierney.

The former UFC Lightweight Champion was asked who his favourite footballer past or present was.

And he responded: "It's a young guy called Kieran Tierney.

"He was the captain of Celtic Football Club and he recently signed with Arsenal.

"He's been a phenomenal supporter of mine, he's been supporting me every year.

"And he's rose up – he's a phenomenal, phenomenal football player.

"Check him out he recently just signed with Arsenal.

"I'm in conversation with him a lot, he's a great guy, a good kid and I'm rooting for him."

Conor McGregor names 'phenomenal' Arsenal ace Kieran Tierney his favourite player – and Scot calls UFC legend his 'hero_2

And Tierney was clearly touched by McGregor's words, posting the video of McGregor speaking about him on Twitter and saying: "Thank you so much brother!

"An icon and my hero. Learned so much from you. The King @TheNotoriousMMA".

Tierney has been battling injury problems for most of 2019, and earlier this year even revealed that his "hero" McGregor had been helping him through his injury battles.

He said in March: "He has a programme he does on the Watt Bike that helped him get fit, and he was giving me tips on that, which was great.

“Conor’s my biggest hero outside of football so it was amazing.”

LATEST ARSENAL NEWS

GUNNERS LATEST

Arsenal news LIVE: Latest news and gossip from the Emirates

BETTING TIPS

Goals galore at Anfield, Tammy Abraham to net and Zaha to haunt Arsenal

TIER WE GO

How Arsenal could line-up vs Palace with Tierney and Bellerin in contention

PEPE TALK

Pepe to battle with Auba to take free-kicks this season after Vitoria heroics

MOUR TO IT?

Mourinho in Arsenal executive box to watch under-fire Emery scrape Vitoria win

PER GENIUS

RVP gushes over teen ace Martinelli and insists 'he will get even better'

TOP 10S

Five players who would solve Man Utd's creativity problem including Mesut Ozil

LES MES-ERABLE

Ozil frozen out til Arsenal sell him after failing to find buyer for a YEAR

AUBAME-YES

Watch Aubameyang's passionate celebration in stands after Pepe's Arsenal winner

Pepe Pep Up

Emery has 'total belief' in Pepe as £72m sub's free-kick double saves his bacon

ARSENAL 3 VITORIA 2 - LIVE

Pepe whips in two magnificent free-kicks to rescue Gunners

ARSENAL RATINGS

Super sub Pepe steals show as Laca disappoints on first start since injury

Having eventually beaten his injury troubles, the Scotland international is still waiting to be handed his Premier League debut by Unai Emery.

He has featured three times in cup competitions so far – generally impressing Arsenal fans, despite being twisted inside out by ex Spurs man Marcus Edwards for Vitoria's first goal last night.

The 22-year-old has been an unused substitute for the Gunners' last two league games, but could finally be handed his Premier League debut when they face Crystal Palace on Sunday.

Arsenal fans troll misfit Mesut Ozil with hilarious picture of Kieran Tierney looking utterly baffled in training