A cruise ship company has strongly denied reports the Norwegian Star was in lockdown in Sydney on Friday after a passenger was being tested for possible coronavirus.
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) issued a statement at 11am on Friday saying there was "no truth" to reports of a potential coronavirus case amongst its passengers.
Earlier, The Australian newspaper reported that NSW Health were attending to a Singaporean man and testing him after falling ill with a respiratory condition.
"This morning there were various false media reports related to an illness on board our ship," a Norwegian Cruise Line spokeswoman said in a statement to AAP on Friday.
NCL said said the vessel, carrying 3445 passengers and crew on board, remained in operation and all the passengers were healthy.
"There is absolutely no truth to this. The vessel remains in operation, and all guests onboard are in good health."
NSW Health told AAP on Friday that while no passengers of the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship had visited mainland China in the past 14 days they were being screened for the illness for precautionary reasons.
A spokesperson for Norweigan Cruise Line told @SBSNews reports that their ship had been locked-down in Sydney were false. "There is absolutely no truth to this. The vessel remains in operation, and all guests on board are in good health.” pic.twitter.com/wZD603LEaw— Maani Truu (@maanitruu) February 13, 2020